Friday, January 2, 2009

40 questions about 2008: An end-of-the-year meme

New year, new life, new goals... this is spirit followed by everyone after this New Year's eve/ Christmas holidays break, though i think i have been in permanent holidays since i don't have a job and therefore no working days or days-off, lol. I usually say, for me it's weekend everyday. Usually, i hate those questionnaires or memes filled with endless and non-sense questions, but this one seems worthwhile to answer to it. All this exercise of having to go over through the worst of 2008 was surprisingly beneficial, i think i grew more as person although i'm still concerned and worried with what's coming ahead for me.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

I looked for a job in a different country and had job interviews conducted in English.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, I wasn't able to keep my New Years' Resolutions for this year. I aspired to do greater things this year concerning my still "under-developed" teaching career but my time still hasn't come.
I'm not going to make more for next year, i'm still after my chance in the teaching field. So i think i just want to be happy.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My youngest cousin who was born two months ago. She was a blessing to the family this year because my aunt has been having hormonal problems which made the baby's conception more difficult, not to mention her miscarriage two years ago.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year.

5. What countries did you visit? Finland and China ( Hong-Kong )

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A teaching job.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 12, the day i had to defend my thesis because it was in the same day that an earthquake shaked China and caused millions of deaths. But also 9th of August, the day i met my sweet mamita.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmmm, it has to be defending my BA degree thesis sucessfully.

9. What was your biggest failure? Going to Hong Kong for some job interviews and not being able to get any offer for a working visa.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Only a very serious flu.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing actually.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Not mine for sure, i've been annoying and cranky lately.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? My own behaviour

14. Where did most of your money go?
Well, being unemployed and not having a salary means the money didn't even came in so how can it be gone??!! lol, besides i spent a very high amount of money in my trip to Hong Kong.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to Hong Kong and the job interviews i had there.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Psychosocial from Slipknot

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? hummm...sadder because i'm still unemployed and worried with my future
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner because i've been sad and depressed and that totally ruin my appetite
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, because...well, you know after the two previous thoughts

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home with my parents, grandma, aunt, uncle and their family.

21. What Blog users did you meet? Plenty actually, most of them being Hong Kong bloggers. I think i have some followers there from my other blog.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes i did.

23. How many one-night stands?
None.

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Entourage.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah, I don't think so.

26. What was the best book you read?
Against Us: The New Face of America's Enemies in the Muslim World

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Celldweller

28. What did you want and get?
A chance to fall in love again.

29. What did you want and not get? A chance to start teaching.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
The happening, starring Mark Whalberg. The storyline isn't that great but just the fact of having a virus that makes people wanting to commit suicide is more than enough to have a scary movie session.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing special, i didn't even celebrate it or had a birthday cake. And yes, i'm 30 now...reached the 30's.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a job out of those interviews i had in Hong Kong.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Same as usual, comfortable, casual and sporty.

34. What kept you sane? Music to make me relax or release my stress and anger.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jessica Alba

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All issues during the election of the U.S.A president.

37. Who did you miss?
My friends from Hong Kong, and my brazilian friend Ale, who went back to Brazil.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My dearest love, Erica.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't always take everything for granted.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Switchback-Celldweller


No comments: